All hail Malaysian internet connection! (Read: 512kbps)
ANYHOO, My first post in a long long LONG time will see me raving about shoes - what's new, uni, and... well, that's actually about it.
First and foremost the all important finish to any outfit, and my darling obsession. My most recent discovery and what I am currently coveting is no longer the Ferragamo Varina (although you are still most welcome to add a pair to my shoe collection and hopefully brighten up the dreary depths of my middle-class shoe-drobe) but the oh-so-seductive sex-on-heels BREDA by MANOLO BLAHNIK!


Thanks to the talented Britney's Womanizer video, I have fallen in love again at last! While they apparently retail at US$1500, they look about worth it. Truly. Time to start saving again!
(Although most of you who know me well enough would just click your tongue and roll your eyes knowing that in the end I probably wouldn't even splurge on such lavish extravagances, I still like to delude myself into thinking I might one day own such a marvelous material possession because it makes me that much happier.)
THAT ASIDE,
Term is due to start on March 2nd, prior to which orientation falls on the 19th of February. According to my calculations, taking into account my getting into Melbourne on the 11th, that leaves me with exactly 8 days to settle down. Within which I must:
1) Find and inspect a suitable place to live for the next 3 years, or at least one if it doesn't work out,
2) Successfully apply for it,
3) Furnish it completely,
4) Move all of Joy's and my stuff in, and
5) Unpack.
Even as the excitement of starting a new school year with new people to meet and new parties just beyond that, I can't help but feel a little bogged down by the to-dos that must absolutely be done (a.k.a. no procrastinating on my part) lest I be left homeless in Carlton gardens and forced to seek shelter under some random large tree.
So, if you have anything that could be of help to Joy and me, please PLEASE let either of us know and we shall be utterly grateful and even perhaps bake you a nice chocolate cake in return. (Thanks, Hanyi, for your offer by the way. I'm totally taking you up on it :p)
I shall return to drooling at gorgeous strappy pink crystal-studded heels before I have lunch and board my flight to Singapore. Hope to see everyone at least one last time before going back to Melbourne!
xx x x xx x
3:38 PM